- by Judith Kohler | 25th October 2013
- by Judith Kohler | 4th October 2013
- by Lew Carpenter | 30th July 2013
- by Matthew Copeland | 16th July 2013
- by Ed Arnett | 21st May 2013
- by Judith Kohler | 7th May 2013
- by Bill Dvorak | 19th April 2013
- by Judith Kohler | 18th March 2013
by | 7th March 2013
As Sally Jewell sat for her confirmation hearing as the Secretary of the Interior this morning, there seemed to be a general tenor underlining all questions and answers, a tenor that applies directly to anglers and hunters. Balance – the word was said 20 times if it was said once. It’s a concept we as sportsmen have been touting for years. And it’s something we whole-heartedly believe in. For years Ms. Jewell has been in the business of recreation. Indeed, many of us have probably supported her at one point or another, spending our dividends with glee. But as Secretary of Interior, we feel she should know our alter-egos intimately – our hunting and fishing sides. Sportsmen being in the business of balance, it’s clear we should be on a first name basis.
- by Judith Kohler | 13th February 2013
- by Garrit Voggesser | 21st December 2012
- by Judith Kohler | 18th December 2012
by | 30th November 2012
Oil shale is getting so much attention lately that it’s starting to feel like a cure-all pill for whatever ails us. Need more energy? Have some oil shale. Fiscal cliff got you down? How about a little oil shale?
by Judith Kohler | 5th October 2012
This being an election year and all, I’d like to borrow from a former presidential candidate and point out that that the oil and gas industry was for the feds regulating drilling on federal land before the industry was against it.